The Bayard Rustin Coalition (BRC) embraces advocacy and education to effect social change through the honoring of a sociopolitical dynasty that is rooted in the Black and same gender loving experience.
The greater Bayard Rustin Coalition engages in activities that facilitate:
- Greater empowerment and visibility for the same gender loving and gender diverse Black community in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Support for and promotion of: community-based organizations, cultural events, entrepreneurs and individuals that enhance and or celebrate the lives of diverse Black/African Diaspora persons and families.
- Formation of coalitions with other groups on issues of joint concern and interest
The Bayard Rustin LGBTQ Coalition (BRC LGBTQ) is purposed to fight racism and sexism against same gender loving and gender diverse persons, as political advocates for the Black/ African Diaspora’s same gender loving and gender diverse communities
- Identifying and supporting Black/African Diaspora political activists and civil servants who uplift Black communities, including our Black/African Diaspora same gender loving and gender diverse persons.
- Protection and refuge of at risk Black/African Diaspora same gender loving and gender variant persons, asylum for African Diaspora same gender loving and gender diverse persons abroad.
- Continued political support for marriage equality and broader based equality acts