Co-Chair, Lisa Williams
Co-Chair, Lawrence Shine
Project Manager, Shaun Haines
The Bayard Rustin Coalition (BRC) embraces advocacy and education to effect social change through the honoring of a political dynasty that is visionary, proactive and rooted in the Black and same gender loving experience.
Bayard Rustin Coalition (BRC) is purposed to fight in all manifestations: racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia.
The Bayard Rustin Coalition (BRC) engages in activities that facilitate:
- Greater empowerment and visibility for the Black community in the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
- Support for and promotion of: civil servants, community-based organizations and entrepreneurs that enhance and or celebrate the lives of diverse Black persons and families.
- Protection and refuge of at risk Black/African Diaspora LGBT individuals, asylum for African Diaspora LGBT individuals abroad.
- Continued public support for marriage equality
We shall also…
- Form coalitions with other groups on issues of joint concern and interest.
- Identify and support Black people and Black allies for elective and public office.
- Advocate for and propose legislation that advances the civil and economic rights of all oppressed people.
- Expand the participation of Black people in the electoral process through voter education and registration.
- Build a financial base in order to support the political agenda of Black communities.