Co-Chair, Lisa Williams
Bio coming soon.
Co-Chair, Lawrence Shine
Bio coming soon.
Photo and Bio coming soon.
Project Manager, Shaun Haines
I want to work with you to preserve and advance the values our community holds dear, increased diversity in our political leadership among them.
To date, my primary focus has been on championing equality and strengthening disproportionately disadvantaged communities.
I have been energized by my service to our community. I encourage my fellow citizens to also become involved in advancing significant issues and to vote.
Join me in seeking out opportunities to build community. Help me continue to advocate for positive change on the many issues that affect our society.
The Bayard Rustin LGBT Coalition (BRC) embraces advocacy and education to effect social change through the honoring of a political dynasty that is visionary, proactive and rooted in the Black and LGBT experience.
Bayard Rustin LGBT Coalition (BRC) is purposed to end in all manifestations:racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia.
The Bayard Rustin LGBT Coalition (BRC) engages in activities that facilitate:
- Greater equality and visibility for the Black LGBT community in the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
- Support for Black and LGBT civil servants, promotion of community-based organizations and entrepreneurs that enhance and or celebrate the lives of Black and LGBT persons and families.
- Protection and refuge of at risk LGBT individuals, asylum for LGBT individuals abroad.
- Creation of more awareness and public support for marriage equality
We shall also…
- Form coalitions with other groups on issues of joint concern and interest.
- Identify and support Black LGBT people for elective and public office.
- Advocate for and propose legislation that advances the civil and economic rights of all oppressed people.
- Expand the participation of Black LGBT people in the electoral process through voter registration and education.
- Build a financial base in order to support the political agenda of the Black LGBT communities.