The membership of the Bayard Rustin Coalition embraces advocacy and education to effect social change through the creation of a political dynasty that is visionary, proactive and rooted in both the Black and same gender loving experience.
The Bayard Rustin Coalition (BRC) engages in activities that facilitate:
- Empowerment and visibility for the Black same gender loving community in the greater San Francisco Bay Area
- Support for and promotion of cultural events, community-based organizations and entrepreneurs that enhance and or celebrate the lives of diverse Black persons and families
- Continued public support for marriage equality
- Protection and refuge of at risk Black/ African Diaspora LGBT individuals, asylum for African Diaspora LGBT individuals abroad
- Formation of coalitions with organizations of similar interest and concern